The garden is run entirely by volunteers and receives no public support for its management. So we welcome volunteers with or without skills! Every last Sunday of the month is volunteer day (weather permitting) when a member of the committee will be on hand to direct activities in the garden. Join us!
Every Wednesday from 10.30am we also hold a planting day during the growing season. Just pop in to help!
See our facebook site for notices of events or join the ‘friends of the garden‘ email list by emailing stationmastersgarden(at)gmail.com
Garden Ground Rules
- 1. All users should complete a health and safety induction before using the garden for the first time
- 2. All users are responsible for safe practice in the garden
- 3. Parents are responsible for children and must ensure they are supervised by an adult when accessing the garden. Supervision rules also apply to vulnerable individuals and groups.
- 4. All community tools and equipment must be returned in good working order or any defects reported to a committee member. Do not use any equipment under the influence of alcohol.
- 5. Glass or other hazardous material should be dealt with as per the procedure for broken glass
- 6. NO fires are permitted
- 7. Any dangerous hazards must be immediately reported to a committee member
- 8. Any anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in a ban from the garden (eg. Drunken behaviour, loud music, vandalism of plants, animals or landscaping, fires)